TÂY NINH 's english materials for learners
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

TÂY NINH 's english materials for learners

good

Trang ChínhTrang Chính  Latest imagesLatest images  Tìm kiếmTìm kiếm  Đăng kýĐăng ký  Đăng NhậpĐăng Nhập  

HSG 12 VÒNG TRƯỜNG THPT VÕ GIỮ

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
Admin
Admin

Tổng số bài gửi : 286

HSG 12 VÒNG TRƯỜNG THPT VÕ GIỮ Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: HSG 12 VÒNG TRƯỜNG THPT VÕ GIỮ   HSG 12 VÒNG TRƯỜNG THPT VÕ GIỮ EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:02 pm

SỞ GD VÀ ĐT BÌNH ĐỊNH KỲ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI CẤP TRƯỜNG
TRƯỜNG THPT VÕ GIỮ LỚP 12 THPT NĂM HỌC 2010 - 2011
* * * ------------------------------------------------------
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC Môn: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian: 150 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
ĐIỂM

NHẬN XÉT PHÁCH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR ( 35 points)
Part 1: Choose the word or phrase which best completes each sentence. Circle the letter A, B, C or D next to the correct word or phrase.
1. We don't allow ................. in the classrooms.
A. people smoke B. smoke C. people to smoke D. to smoking
2. What a dangerous thing to do! You .................. have been killed!
A. may B. can C. must D. might
3. By the time I applied, all the holiday vouchers ................. used up.
A. had been B have been C. were D. are
4. I felt as if I ................... a confidence.
A. have betrayed B. would betray C. had betrayed D. am betraying
5. The candidate ..................... to have withdrawn her application.
A. claimed B. said C. denied D. reported
6. How could you have .......................... him for your brother?
A. confused B. considered C. thought D. mistaken
7. It is vital that we .................... a change in people's attitudes.
A. bring down B. bring back C. bring about D. look after
8. We'll have to ................... down the options before coming to a decision.
A. slow B. narrow C. bring D. wind
9. The grocer's shop ................... since the supermarket opened.
A. closed B. has closed C. has been closing D. is closed
10. In ten year's time the population of the world...................... to 500 million.
A. grows B. is growing C. has grown D. will have grown

Part 2: Read the text below. Use the words given in capitals at the end of each line to form a word that fits in the space in the same line
My ideal job
One thing I know is that I wouldn't like to have an occupation OCCUPY
that has anything to do with physics, (1) .................................. or maths; CHEMIST
I am not the (2) .................................. type at all. In fact at school, I was a SCIENCE
complete (3) .................................. in these subjects. Neither am I very FAIL
good at dealing with people, nor am I (4) .................................., so jobs in AMBITION
business, administration and (5) .................................. don't really interest MANAGE
me either. Moreover I find it (6) .................................. to be surrounded by IRRITATE
a lot of people; I would much rather have a job involving creative
work or (7) .................................. skills of some sort. I'd like to have the ART
chance to work outdoors (Cool .................................. and perhaps do a bit of OCCASION
traveling too. I am not (9) .................................. concerned about becoming PARTICULAR
rich but I would like to have a (10) .................................. income - enough REASON
to live comfortably.
Part 3: Read the text below and think of the word which best fits each space. Use only one word in each space. After each space you are given a clue to the kind of word that is missing.

Regrets
Most of us (0) are always forgetting important dates, apart (1).........................................
( preposition) the lucky few (2) .................................. (relative pronoun) are blessed with a good memory or the ability to organize (3) .................................. (reflexive pronoun) so they don't forget important obligations. How many times (4) .................................. (auxiliary verb) we all said, "I wish I had remembered!" How (5) .................................. (adverb of frequency) have we offended people by failing to remember (6) .................................. (pronoun) birthdays or name days?
(7) .................................. (conjunction) they say it doesn't matter, we know, deep down, that we (Cool ..................................(auxiliary verb) hurt their feelings. We can always try to make it (9) .................................. (preposition) to them next time but unfortunately the damage has (10) .................................. (auxiliary verb) done and our relationship with that person (11) .................................. (modal verb, future) never quite be the same again.
On the other hand, we sometimes do (12) .................................. (very or too?) much for someone else because we want to please them and then feel we have damaged (13) .................................. (pronoun) own interests in doing so. When friends (14) .................................. ( auxiliary verb) involved we may find it difficult to say "no" when they ask us to (15) .................................. ( do or make?) them a favour, but true friendship should mean that we can say "no" without risk to relationship.

II. READING (35 points)
Part 1: Read the text about booking a flight and put the following sentences in the correct order. There is one sentence that you don't need to use. Write the letters A, B, C, ... next to the numbers. Number 1 has been done for you as an example.

When you want to book a flight to a certain place, visit your nearest travel agent. Tell the travel agent the date when you want to travel and the destination to which you want to go. The travel agent will then type the information into a small computer. After checking everything on the computer screen, he/she will send the information to a central computer. The central computer contains all information about bookings and destinations, and sends a reply, showing which are the most suitable flights. It also shows whether the flights are fully booked or not. The information which is now shown on the small computer screen is continually changing as other bookings are made in other parts of the world.
The travel agent now types in your booking, then the computer will ask for your name and address as well as for certain other information. It will also ask how you will pay for your ticket (by cheque or by credit card). Next the computer confirms the booking and makes a request for payment. When you have paid for your ticket, the travel agent types the information into the computer as well. Finally, some computers print out a ticket before you leave the travel agent’s.
A. Details about the flights and seats available are sent back.
B. The computer then wants information about the method of payment.
C. The tickets are issued either at that time or later.
D. The computer asks for personal details.
E. Make your request to the travel agent and give him/her all the details.
F. Your request is then checked and sent to the main computer.
G. Go to a travel agent.
H. The computer asks for payment.
I. The computer asks for the flight number.
J. The travel agent fills your initial request into a small computer.
K. The booking is typed into the small computer.
L. The booking is confirmed.

1. G 2........ 3......... 4......... 5......... 6.........
7......... 8......... 9......... 10......... 11.........

Part 2: Read the passage about opinion polls and find which words in the passage can be replaced by the words below? Write the correct word from the passage in each blank. Number one has been done for you as an example.

People often laugh at opinion polls and remember the times when they were slightly incorrect. However, they often forget all the times when they were accurate. A poll should be conducted very carefully and should sample a cross-section of the population. The cross-section should be selected very carefully so that the right balance of ages, sexes and social classes can be achieved. At first it was very difficult for many people to accept that sample of one or two thousand could reflect accurately the views of millions but polls have now proved themselves. However, polls should not claim to do what they are not intended to. The findings should always be examined very carefully before predictions are made with any degree of certainty.

1. mixture
2. chosen
3. meant
4. a little
5. forecasts
6. represent ....cross-section....
.................................. 7. carried out
8. results
9. opinions
10. wrong
11. studied ..................................
.................................. ..................................

Part 3: Fill in each numbered space with ONE suitable word
The world of dreams
Most people feel that when they dream, they (0) are carried off to another world. (1)...........................the contrary, dreams are often connected (2) ................... our daily lives.
(3) ......................... our whole mind (4)........................ filled with something, when we are either very upset (5)..................... when we are in good spirit, a dream will represent (6)...................... reality in symbols. It is often said that we benefit (7) ...................... dreams because they help the spirit to heal itself. when things (Cool...............................wrong. Dreams are therefore (9) ....................... kind of escape, almost a holiday from (10) ...................... life, with its fears and responsibilities . It is, (11) ....................., a strange (12) ............................ of holiday because whether we have a wonderful time or whether it turns (13) .................... to be a nightmare, we quickly forget it. Most dreams disappear forever, (14) ......................... you are one of those people disciplined enough to write (15) ........................ down as soon as you wake up.

III. WRITING (30 points)
Part 1: Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence.
1. I won't be able to go on holiday if my parents don't give me the money.
Unless....................................................................................................
2. Jeanne inherited all her uncle's money because she had looked after him all his life .
As ........................................................................................................................
3. The boy wasn't allowed to have any friends, so he became an introvert.
Deprived .............................................................................................................?
4. What a pity these shops close at lunch-time.
I wish ..................................................................................................................
5. I read about the closure of the factory only yesterday.
It .........................................................................
6. We didn't go to the theatre. We stayed at home.
We stayed ..
7. I believe the company may well make a profit this year.
I wouldn’t be
8. I wasn't surprised when they refused to pay me.
As I .....................................................................................................................
9. It probably takes at least six hours to drive to Glasgow from here.
It's .......................................................................................................................
10. They estimated the price, including all the costs.
Taking ................................................................................................................
11. He always chairs the meeting because he is the managing director.
As........................................................................................................................
12. It was such an appalling sight that we reeled back in horror .
So .......................................................................................................................
13 We like pasta but we don't have it everyday.
Although ..................................................................................................................?
14. If someone had called the fire-brigade immediately, the tragedy might have been avoided .
If the ....................................................................................................................
15. It's impossible that we stayed at the same hotel, in that case.
We

Part 2: Read the text below and look carefully at each line. Some of the lines are correct, and some have a word which should not be there. If a line is correct, put a tick (). If a line has a word which should not be there, write the word.
The stadium is only a few minutes away from where I live so I usually 0....... .........
go to the matches on the foot. I put on my team's colours and set off with a 00.....the........
couple of friends from work. I always feel a sense of excitements as I turn 1....................
to the corner and the tall floodlights come into view at the top of the main 2...................
stand of the stadium. By the time we will get to the stadium, there are big 3...................
enough crowds, all heading in the same direction. As soon as we get 4.................
inside, the chanting begins and the suspense builds up. I have been to a lot 5...................
of games which were utterly boring: the weather was such cold and drizzly 6...................
and the game finished in a goal-less draw. After going games like that, some 7....................
fans expressed their disappointment through acts of violence but I just look ahead 8...............
to the next game. Violence on and off of the pitch is the biggest problem in 9...............
football, but the behaviour of some of the stars also gives the game a bad name. 10..............
If we take Maradona of Argentina: he was, as everyone knows it, a great 11..............
player but he got involved with drugs and was excluded from the 1994 World 12..............
Cup after he failing a drugs test. Another of the greatest players was the 13..............
Englishman George Best, but again the pressure of being a star was too great 14..............
for him. He turned up to drink and retired when he was only twenty-six. 15.............

- THE END -

SỞ GD VÀ ĐT BÌNH ĐỊNH KỲ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI CẤP TRƯỜNG
TRƯỜNG THPT VÕ GIỮ LỚP 12 THPT NĂM HỌC 2010 - 2011
* * * ------------------------------------------------------
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC Môn: TIẾNG ANH
HƯỚNG DẪN CHẤM
I. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR: 35 points
Part 1. (10 points) one point for each correct answer
Q # 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Key C D A C A D C B B D
Part 2. (10 points)
1. chemistry 3. failure 5. management 7. artistic 9. particularly
2. scientific 4. ambitious 6. irritating 8. occasionally 10. reasonable
Part 3. (15 points) one point for each correct answer
1. from 2. who 3. themselves 4. have 5. often 6. their 7. although
8. have 9. up 10. been 11. can 12. too 13 our 14. are 15. do
II. READING: 35 points
Part 1: ( 10 points) one point for each correct answer
2. E 3. J 4. F 5. A 6. K
7. D 8. B 9. L 10. H 11. C
Part 2. ( 10 points) : 1 point for each correct word
2. selected 3. intended 4. slightly 5. predictions 6. reflect
7. conducted 8. finding 9. views 10. incorrect 11. examined
Part 3 ( 15 points) : 1 point for each correct word
1. on 2. to 3. when/if 4. is 5. or 6. this 7. from 8. go 9. a
10. real 11. however 12. type/sort/kind 13 out 14. unless 15. them
III. WRITING (30 points)
Part 1 . (15 points)
1.Unless my parents give me the money, I won't be able to go on holiday.
2. As Jeanne had looked after her uncle all his life, she inherited all his money.
3. Deprived of friends, the boy became an introvert.
4. I wish these shops opened at lunch-time.
5. It was only yesterday that I read about the closure of the factory.
6. We stayed at home instead of going to the theatre
7. I wouldn’t be surprised if the company made a profit this year.
8. As I (had) expected, they refused to pay me.
9. It's probably at least a six-hour drive to Glasgow from here.
10. Taking all the costs into account, they estimated the price.
11. So appalling was the sight that we reeled back in horror.
12. As (he's the) managing director, he always chairs the meeting.
13. Although we like pasta, we don't have it everyday.
14. We can't have stayed at the same hotel, in that case.
15. If the fire brigade had been called immediately, the tragedy might have been avoided.
Part 2. (20 points) 1... ......................... 9.....of.......................
2....to......................... 10... ........................
3....will............................ 11....it.....................
4.... enough............... 12..... ..............
5.... ...................... 13.....he....................
. 6.....such........ 14..... ......................
7.....going......................... 15.....up....................
8.... .................
Total marks: 100
----------------------------------------------
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://tailieutienganh.forumvi.com

HSG 12 VÒNG TRƯỜNG THPT VÕ GIỮ
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang